Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Good ol' Madison

Here is how I spent most of my Saturday. Airports are so fun.

bored out of my mind

Never have I been so happy to come back to Madison. Even though I was extremely sleep deprived almost to the point of hallucination, I stayed awake for the dark drive through the city streets. The sight of the city lights from John Nolen Drive with the frozen lake right next to them filled my head with fantasies of riding my bike without worrying about being run down by large vehicles and breathing in early spring lake air.

However, spring is a long way off. I have now added long underwear to my everyday wardrobe and don't dare think of going outside with all my winter gear. The wind bites through my warmest pants' the same ones that made me sweat in Trabzon. Here is what the lake looks like during the day.

Lake Mendota in all its winter greatness

Those little black boxes are huts that the ice fisherman hang out in to keep warm. They're out there pretty much all winter.

Being back in the States is a bit weird at times. Everything is so expensive! I looked at some scarves today, identical to some I bougth in Turkey, and was shocked to see that they are five times more expensive here. Five times!

Dinner time, folks. I have a million more photos to upload, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here