Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Title Schmitle

Feast your eyes on all this snow!

Mountain View from my office

To start with, the view from my office. From here I can see what kind of weather is coming within a few hours. If I can't see the mountains, I prepare myself for a dreary day. I can also see the coast, and if that disappears, I curse myself for leaving my umbrella at home.


Sumela Monastery

Sumela in a soft blanket of snow. It wasn't as cold as it looks. Of course, Kyle and I were hiking at a good click up a mountain.

Kyle and Nicole

Some people say we look alike. I think it's just the clothes.

Kyle skiing at Palandoken

Some reckless skier that was my teacher. See his website.

View from Ataturks Pavillion

Breaking with the theme, there is no snow here. This is the view from Ataturk's Pavillion, way above Trabzon. It was so peaceful up there.

View from Bus ride from Erzurum

This was the view a couple hours out of Erzurum. It took my breath away! I have never been in a mountain range totally covered in snow.

Bus ride from Erzurum

An hour or so later, the sky was softly glowing.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger nicole said…

    in trabzon there isn't an inch of snow. at least you can go sledding (only second best to skiing).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here