Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Home Sweet Home

Here are some photos of my apartment.

my bedroom
My bedroom shortly after arriving in Trabzon.

Here is the living room.

living room with coal stove
That round, brown thing is the coal stove that we use to heat our place. Recently it hasn't been giving off very much heat. I'm not sure why. So as a back-up on lazy (most) nights, we use the electric heater. Getting coal on your hands is quite annoying, because it stays under your nails for a week.


rear living room
This is the living room that connects the kitchen to the warm living room. It's the first room you see when you walk into my apartment.

my kitchen
This is where I do my cooking. I made pumpkin soup last week. Mmmm, sweet.

Okay, that's all of my apartment. I could show you the two bathrooms, but do you really want to see them? One is a proper bathroom and the other is hole-in-the-floor-toilet that we have converted to a coal room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here