Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Insert Creative Title for Recent Events Here

Since Kyle arrived on Christmas Eve, I have found myself planning lessons in a hurry and wishing my classes were shorter. We have had a lovely time together visiting various sights in and around Trabzon. Some of the places we went are Sumela, Ataturk's Pavilion, Boztepe, Aya Sofia, and the Russian Bazaar. We've also gone shopping in numerous other stores for various items, including some special jewelry.

Now what do we need jewelry for? As of New Year's Day, we are officially engaged!

To celebrate, I'm taking the day off tomorrow and we're going to Erzurum, a town about 5 hours south of here, to go skiing. I have never been downhill skiing in my life and Kyle hasn't been since he was thirteen, so hopefully we'll manage okay.

I have photographs of the last couple weeks, but it's frustating keeping a photo blog without my own computer. I can't tell you how many times I've installed this program I need to upload my pictures from my camera to the computer and every time it's been deleted. Grrrr!

See you after Erzurum, folks!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger sarah, princess of power said…

    WOW!!! CONGRATS!!! :D

    that's so awesome guys!! :D :D :D

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congraatulations guys!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to write you for forever! All of my friends keep getting engaged! Another friend of mine got engaged on New Year's Eve. I'm so happy for you. It looks like you're having a great time. The pictures are amazing, and I'm glad you didn't break any limbs when you were skiing! I just spent a bunch of time with Susie and Michelle, which was nice.

    Talk to you soon!

    Maddy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here