Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Monday, November 01, 2004

Photos galore, baby

Spice Market

This here is the entry way to the spice market. I still feel a bit shy taking out my camera, so I promise to put more photos up later.

Muzafer and I

Here is Muzafer, the pastry shop owner. He's always excited to see me. Last night he gave me figs!

Meydan Park Lights

Light sculpture near Meydan Park.

Bizim Market

This is the market at the bottom of my hill where I buy all my produce. These guys are teaching me all the Turkish words for food. For instance, the Turkish word for pear is armut.

Fresh Figs are a'plenty

These are incir (in-jihr). Dried figs just don't compare.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seeing all those vegetables reminded me of when I was in Karamursel (on the Sea of Marmara) - would take my shopping basket and load up on everything. Haven't seen fruit or vegetables like that since.
    Have been utterly sad since the election! On a happier note - did you know the Badgers were tied for #1 with Michigan?
    Kathy P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here