Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Something Funny and Something Sad

Hey y'all! Since it's election time again, let me remind you of this website that went around after the last elections: www.spankbush.com

Okay, that's the "something funny". Now on to a more serious note.

I'm homesick!

Please feel sorry for me by making my phone ring off the hook and sending me lots of presents. Got it? Good.

I don't really think about until I am done working for the day. Once work is over, I have a limited amount of things I can do, and I must admit I'm getting tired of those three things (Internet cafe, walking, and reading the newspaper). The stack of movies Ibrahim gave me? Haven't been able to watch them yet, cuz the computers at the cafe don't have the program to run them as I thought they did. Both times I've tried to watch them, the guy running the cafe isn't the computer whiz, and other times I've had other problems to bother them with (getting my ballot, which I finally got--yay!). I haven't started my saz lessons because the one student who knows which dershane to go to hasn't come to the school yet. No Turkish lessons yet because my books haven't arrived in the mail yet (no need to buy one if one is on the way, right?).

I was looking on the 'net the other night and saw the beautiful fall colors of Wisconsin that I'm totally missing right now. Boo! For my Turkish friends, this is what my homestate looks like in autumn.

Jon and Greg With Pond

112_1299.JPG

mckinstry-hill.JPG
Paul of Vermont took the above photo. He's got some copyright thingee on there and I'm supposed to credit him as the orgininal artist or something like that. Much else about him I don't know, except that he likes kayaking. Oh, so this photo is from Vermont probably, but this could be Wisconsin just as easily.

Harvest 2003

I'm not really sure where this is, but fall always brings lovely clouds, and sometimes tornadoes. Yippee! I sure miss those.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I'm sure I'll feel better once something changes (as I'm sure something will because nothing ever stays the same for long).

Hey! Things just got better. The guy who knows computers is here. Now maybe I'll watch a movie. Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    Hey Maddy girl

    Thanks for the poem and smile! It's good to hear you like my stories. I'll keep them coming!

    Miss you
    nicole

    ps Got the traveling itch? Me, too. Let's go on a trip later. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here