Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Hey, I'm serious. VOTE.

I'm so infuriated. I really want to you to vote. Tell all your friends (abroad and Do not even think about skipping out on this job. It's our civic duty not only to your fellow American citizens, but to the rest of the world.

This is contributing to my current mood.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pilger_breaking_the_silence_35mb.htm

It's less than 55 minutes.

Geez. As I'm watching this, I think to myself that maybe voting really doesn't matter. That said, that doesn't mean I don't want you to vote. It actually makes me a bit depressed. Isn't there anything good that the United States does? I can't believe my tax dollars are at work killing millions of other people. I could stop paying taxes, as Dr. Evermore has (http://www.folkart.org/mag/evermor/evermor.html). But what else? At the moment I feel like disassociating myself from the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here