Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Maybe I'm teaching this weekend

After planning out a month worth of lessons for the beginning class (course one), Emma had me start planning for course three. This was a major challenge for several reasons. Firstly, I don't know exactly how much the students know (although if I was a bit smarter about it, I would consult the syllabus she gave me on my third day here). Second, I don't know how difficult certain things will be for the students. There are a few other things, but every time I have a question, Emma is really helpful. I don't think I could have landed in a better place.

I'll find out on Friday if I will start teaching or not. Apparently students are still enrolling and they need more students to make a class.

So tomorrow is the first day of my weekend. Guess what I'm going to do? Every woman's favorite thing: shop for a bra. Back in the states, I boycotted them. A few studies have shown that women who wear bras have a higher risk of developing breast cancer, and the risk goes up the more you wear them. So for the last three years, I haven't worn one. I reluctantly bought three sports bras before leaving Madison, but I'm finding that blouses here don't fit properly even with one of those things strapping my boobs down. The clothes are cut in feminine way. In fact, many of the manequines have lovely breasts indeed, so much so that it looks they aren't wearing bras. I really need more than five tops, so I will succumb and by a stupid bra or two (or three or four). I'm glad that I don't have to wash them. There isn't a washing machine in my apartment building so I haul all soiled clothes down the hill to a laudromat. This isn't like an American one, though. You drop your clothes off and they'll wash and iron everything for you, even your underwear gets ironed.

Is there anything you want to hear about in particular? Leave a comment to let me know, K?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here