Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Monday, September 27, 2004

Deep Thought of the Day

It's amazing how much one has to adapt when something as simple as verbal language is taken away from them. In the last week or so, I've noticed that it's quite easy to listen to my intuition. I would never have noticed this in the States, because there are too many distractions. Here, I don't have a choice. It's a matter of survival.

For instance, this morning I was walking around one of the many busy streets in this city, and as I sometimes tend to space out when crossing the street, I walked right in front of a car. If it hadn't been for my intuition, I wouldn't have looked and seen this car about to hit me. As it was, I did look and got out of the way and survived to make it to this computer where I am now typing. For some reason, without the ablility to communicate complex thoughts to just anyone, I can now tell the difference between my intuition telling me something is a good or bad idea, my desire telling me I really want something, and if I'm worrying unneccessarily about something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here