Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I have students!

It's official now. I am a teacher!

I have successfully taught two two-hour classes. Last night I was a bit nervous, so I think I rushed through some of the stuff, but it seemed to me that most of the students knew it. Tonight my head was much clearer, so I was able to see things more objectively. I have fourteen students, most of whom are enrolled in the technical university here. One woman is much older, and I learned tonight that she also speaks German. I will have to be sure not to let her speak German with me to get ideas across. Three languages going on in her head would only make matter more confusing! Not to mention my head, because I think I have forgotten a lot of German.

Teaching is so much fun. I like explaining things to people and when they understand, it's so electrifying! Maybe you other teachers can relate. When they get something, you can see it spreading across all their faces like the fire lights on gas stoves. Quick like.

Guess what? I did something really brilliant.

I left my address book in the States! So all you people who love me, please email me your address so that I can send you stuff. If you already got something from me, it's because I started a new address book and put you in it. I didn't transfer a lot address to my new book because I think I packed it in the wrong box. One that went to storage. So if you haven't received any mail from me and would like to get something, email your address to me. Okay?

On Thursday I'm going to Ankara and I'll visit my friend Ibrahim. Haven't seen that guy in forever and day. Should be fun!

Until then, folks.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger nicole said…

    yah, that would be so awesome if you could find the bushisms book. rad!

    keep looking in your mailbox for postcards, cuz i've only begun. (wink)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here