Nicole's Turkish Travels

my first independent adventure

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Extra, extra! See all about it!

Here are some photos that I haven't been able to put on, or forgot to put up recently.

Fisherman2

From what I heard, fishermen don't have life jackets or any other safety device out there them. They fish alone and stand like this. I'm not sure how far they go out, but they are a common sight while looking out at the sea.

Dinner in Akchaabat

This the salad commonly served with meatballs. Beans, lettuce, tomato, carrot and some white bean that is rather delicious. Drizzle a bit of lemon and sprinkle a dash or three of salt to prepare your belly for meat and rice. Mmmmmm...meatballs.

full moon in Trabzon

The name of this street is Kunduracilar (koon-doo-rah-jih-lar), which means "shoes", according to the guy sitting next to me. There are a lot of shoe shops on this street, he says. I've noticed a lot more jewelry shops here than anywhere else in the city. It's crazy; there must be about 30 in one small area.

Soon I hope to get some photographs of the spice market. I went there yesterday and it smelled so good. I'll talk more about it later as well. I was only there for a few minutes yesterday, so I couldn't savour the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click Here